- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Member of U.S. Congress was granted a Georgian award2010-05-13 12:51
Elizabeth Schwartz, the U.S. Congress representative, receives a special award for support of territorial integrity and democracy of Georgia - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The ceremony was held in the U.S. Congress, on the initative of Georgian community in the USA and Georgian-American business council in the framework of anniversary of Association of Georgia in the USA.
Elizabeth Schwartz said the received award is a great honour for her.
It's really friendship, based on common values for democracy and freedom, she said and added democratic institutions of Georgia are more and more involved in processes to let the upcoming elections be held in a due way.
She highlighted the important role of Georgian military in peacemaking operation in Afghanistan.
Yesterday Zviad Dzidziguri, the leader of Georgian Conservatives and Tbilisi Mayor candidate turned to John Bass, the U.S. ambassador to Georgia, with a request to prevent conduction of exit polls by Edison Research company.
"Society knows pretty well these results were rigged, - he noted. - And holding exit polls plays into government's hands".