- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Lari fell more than 10% against dollar2008-11-11 12:58
On Monday, in the Tbilisi Inter Bank Foreign Exchange Market lari fell more than 10% against dollar, but now reached an equilibrium point and would not swing dramatically ever further, stated the acting President of the National Bank of Georgia , David Amaglobeli, RIA-Novosti informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
On Friday, when the tender was over, 1 dollar cost 1,49 lari, on Monday it grew up to 1,65 lari per dollar. For the year running lari was consolidating, but on Monday it practically returned to the last year's indicator.
It caused panic in Tbilisi - in the afternoon, considering dollar growth, many exchange stations were closed as they ran out of dollars. In several districts the offer was 1,76 lari per dollar.
According to Amaglobeli, the National bank of Georgia will continue interventions in the exchange market; lari will remain stable as the bank has all the necessary reserves for it. Amaglobeli excluded the possibility of price growth caused by the changes in the exchange rate. "Some trade objects will possibly try to use the situation to increase prices, but there is no true cause for it ", - he underlined.