- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The majority of Ukrainians blame Georgia for the war with Russia2008-11-11 13:42
The majority of Ukrainians blame Georgia for the start of the Caucasian conflict - these are results of the survey conducted to order of the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES).gt-en-newsitem-inside
The IFES is the leading non-commercial institution, busy with research and support of electoral systems around the world.
According to the survey, 30% of Ukrainian citizens consider Georgia to be to blame for the conflict with Russia in August, 2008, RIA-Novosti informs. 18% of the respondents are sure that Russia was the initiator; 27% believe that both sides are guilty.
According to 44% respondents, conflict with Georgia shows: in future Russia will be more aggressive towards the Ukraine. At the same time, 29% of Ukrainians think that the war will not anyhow influence the relationships of Moscow and Kiev.
Let us remind that Russia recognized South Ossetia and Abkhazia on August, 26th , 2008. This event was preceded with Georgian forces operation in South Ossetia on August, 8th and following Russian forces operation on peace compulsion as a response.