- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Lawyers continue protest action near the Parliament of Georgia2010-05-13 16:24
Lawyers continue their protest action near the Parliament of Georgia, started yesterday. At this stage they demand amending the Electoral Code, as, in their view, holding fair and democratic elections is impossible with the present-day legislation - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Protesters are discontent with the government's lack of attention to their demands, and say in case ignoring is continued, they will change the form of the action and pitch rows of tents near the parliament.
In case the Parliament doesn't consider the amendment package they propose, before the elections, they will demand the President to dissolve the Parliament.
The organizers plan holding larger-scale events information rallies every evening and call on their supporters and community figures to participate.
Georgian lawyers intend to hold such actions up to the very May 30th [date of elections].