- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhazia will participate in Genovese discussions only as an equal2008-11-11 14:22
«The ignoring of Abkhazian side positions by international mediators will not allow Abkhazian representatives to participate in discussions in Geneva», said Sergey Shamba, the Foreign Minister of Abkhazia to Pierre Morel, the special EU representative on crisis issues in Georgia, on their meeting on Monday, informs Day.Az.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Let us remind that the first round of the discussions in Geneva started on October, 15th and failed: Sergey Shamba, the head of Sukhum's delegation left the negotiations. He explained that he didn't want to stay as the Abkhazian delegates were not allowed to participate in the plenary meeting, but only in expert discussions, even without indications of their state identity.
«Our participation in the discussions is possible only providing our equal rights, and we are not going to sit on the bench of the unrecognized», Sergey Shamba underlined.
He also noticed that the absence of Abkhazian side in political discussions on conflict settlement would negatively affect the whole process and makes progress in key issues of the region impossible.
Pierre Morel, in his turn, said that the efforts of international mediators would be aimed at the resumption of political dialogue of the sides and achievement of mutual understanding on key issues.