- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition MP demands Saakashvili to take drug test2010-05-13 17:15
Dimitri Lordkipanidze reminds the president of Georgia about his promise to take new type of drug test [analysis of hair] first, and urges to fulfill it - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At today's press conference the pro-opposition MP said many officials will follow the example, and it can be revealed who in the government consumes drugs.
He also calls on to develop a new anti-drug policy in Georgia and strictly differentiate drug dealers and drug consumers.
He added the due bill has already been worked out by Vice Speaker Georgi Tsereteli, in case it's passed, the number of drug addicts in the country will decrease.
"The statistics of drug consumers indicates the national catastrophe, and in such a situation the Prosecutor's Office and the legislative body must be especially interested in working out a new anti-drug policy," he said.
The initiative of drug test by hair was drawn by Lordkipanidze himself several months ago, and though it was supported by President Saakashvili and other representatives of the ruling party, but the test has actually been taken by the initiator himself.