- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ukrainian servicemen participated in South Ossetian conflict2008-11-11 15:55
Verkhovnaya Rada Committee on the Temporal Committee on Investigation of the Illegal weapons Sales to Georgia has the data on participation of Ukrainian servicemen in Georgian - south Ossetian conflict in August 2008, stated Valeriy Konovaluyk , the head of the Committeee, on today's press-conference.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We have information about these over than 15 people, who, unfortunately, participated in this conflict", - said the head of the Committee. According to Konovalyuk, the Committee got the published data and videotapes witnessing their participation in the events.
The administration of South Ossetia, as well as the Russian General Staff, stated before, that Ukrainian servicemen participated in the conflict on the side of Georgia, but official Kiev denies it.
Konovalyuk blamed state agencies in making obstacles to the investigation of the Committee. "The Ministry of Defense, the National Security and defense Council and other agencies practically block this information, because we really understand how dangerous is our inquest and investigation of these questions for some officials ", - he said.
Let us remind that on September, 2nd, Verkhovnaya Rada established the temporary investigative committee aimed to check facts on delivery of Ukrainian weapons to Georgia with breaking Ukrainian legislation and international law. Later the head of the Committee, Valeriy Konovalyuk, said they revealed that weapons were delivered from an arsenal in Kharkov region. According to Konovalyuk, delivery took place in May and June, and can be proved by the signed contracts. In his view, it proves that the Ukraine knew of the Georgian operation time. Moreover, as he stated, weapons were sold to Georgia at reduced prices.
Konovalyuk also said that the Ukraine continued weapon delivery to Georgia even after the start of the armed conflict.