- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Burjanadze calls Saakashvili the main problem of Georgia2010-05-14 12:57
In the view of Nino Burjanadze, the leader of Democratic Movement-United Georgia, the main problem of Georgia isn't Tbilsi Mayor but the President of Georgia and his surroundings - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The opposition leader believes the elections of May 30th won't be able to solve the issue of territorial integrity, human rights, mass media freedom, law supremacy, social and economic problems.
One of the party representatives, Vakhtang Kolbaidze, highlighted: "From the very beginning it was clear the government uses the elections to distract attention from main problems of the country and to shift opposition into a mode of arguments and charges."
According to previous messages, lawyers continue their protest action near the Parliament of Georgia, started yesterday. At this stage they demand amending the Electoral Code, as, in their view, holding fair and democratic elections is impossible with the present-day legislation - Georgia Times correspondent.
Protesters are discontent with the government's lack of attention to their demands, and say in case ignoring is continued, they will change the form of the action and pitch rows of tents near the parliament.