- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Davitashvili accused government of administrative resource use2010-05-14 16:02
He has already met with peter Semneby, the EU special envoy to Caucasus and acquainted him with the problems of the pre-electoral period.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Today Semneby meets with Tbilsi Mayor candidates, and has already talked to Giorgi Chanturia [Christian Democratic party] - mostly about the upcoming elections.
"I stated these elections must be a chance for Georgia's passing to a new stage of democratic development. We talked about these promises political parties are giving to the society before the elections. I reiterated the promises must be realistic and fulfillable do not let people be again disappointed in opposition," Chanturia said.
Then the EU diplomat met with Zviad Dzidziguri, the candidate from the National Council.
Dzidziguri reported of unfair distribution of central TV air. "I told results of the study we conducted. Our TV channels are mostly oriented on coverage of the electoral campaign of Tbilisi Mayor candidate from the ruling party, Gigi Ugulava," he said.
Then Semneby received the Alliance for Georgia leader, Irakli Alasania, and his supporters. At this meeting they discussed importance of active participation of international organisations in the course of electoral campaign and elections themselves.
Alasania reported of the pressure candidates feel from police and government; problems with electors' lists, situation in Georgian mass media in electoral processes coverage.