- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New General Prosecutor appointed in Georgia2008-11-12 10:30
New General Prosecutor in Georgia is appointed. According to the Georgian Ministry of Justice, the President appointed Mamuka Gvarmia, following recommendation of Zurab Adeishvili, the Minister of Justice.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In 1995 Mamuka Gvarmia graduated from the faculty of law, Tbilisian state University. Since 1995 he has been working in prosecution system of Georgia and occupied various positions.
According to the Ministry, Mamuka Gvarmia investigated the murder of Georgian journalist,Georgy Sanaya, and the crimes of Fridon Indzhia, the ex-Minister of Communications.
In October 2008 the parliament accepted the amendments that united the Ministry of Justice and General Prosecutor's Office, and the latter became subordinate to the former.
The new amendments became valid on November, 10th . According to the new legislation, Georgian General Prosecutor's Office is riled by the General prosecutor, appointed by the president on the protection of the Minister of Justice.