- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bill on amnesty goes to Parliament2008-11-12 10:31
Bill on amnesty came to Georgian Parliament, the supreme legislation body started discussions on Tuesday, Novosti-Gruzia informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The parliament is expected to pass a bill on Friday, and on November, 23rd over 2000 prisoners will be released.
The amnesty concerns people, convicted in the crimes, described in 35 articles of the Criminal Code of Georgia - the ones that do not imply felonies. These are: illegal entrepreneurship, monopoly, illegal brand use, illegal use of a check or credit card, drug consumption, unauthorized actions, purchase or sale of an official document or award, and several war crimes.
The amnesty will also concern people given a suspended sentense but will not concern people convicted for high crimes.