- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Albright: no need to worry about NATO expansion2010-05-17 17:54
Madeleine Albright, the ex-Secretary of State of the USA, stared Russia shouldn't take the issue of NATO expansion painfully.gt-en-newsitem-inside
She highlighted it is necessary to cooperate with partners in such cases when implementation of economic, political and military decision is essential. She added that many proceeding from geographical position, doubt in Russia's positive role, but relations of NATO and Russia must be developed, and significant role will be given to struggle with terrorism.
The new blueprint of the NATO strategy said the alliance should focus on improving ties with Moscow, which has helped NATO in Afghanistan by opening an overland supply route from Europe to that landlocked country.
NATO and Russia should work more closely together on other fields of mutual interest such as missile defense, counterterrorism, counternarcotics and maritime security, the document added - Associated Press.
Previously Dmitry Rogozin, Russia's permanent Representative to NATO, said the sitting og Russia-NATO Council at the level of Defense ministers can be held in June, according to tentative data - on 10th or 11th.
"The sides are currently holding discussions, and if the meeting is interesting for everyone, it has chances to occur," he added. Anders Fogh Rasmussen, NATO Secretary General, campaigned for effective and regular work of the Council.