- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia impedes work of Russian Interests Section in Swiss embassy2008-11-12 16:35
Currently Russia performs no consular assistance to its citizens on the territory of Georgia because of organizational problems from the side of the latter.gt-en-newsitem-inside
That is the reason why the section of Russian interests in Swiss embassy cannot work in its usual regime, informs RIA-Novosti alluding to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Department of Information and Press.
"There is an agreement on establishment of (Russian) section in Swiss diplomatic mission, but it's not functioning yet and we cannot offer consular assistance to Russian citizens ", - said the source of the agency.
As the Foreign affairs Ministry informs, the delays are caused by "the position of the Georgian side on a number of organizational issues".
As there is no Russian consular service in Tbilisi, Russian citizens have to look for assistance from Russian representatives in Armenia.
Let us remind that Georgia announced the severance of diplomatic relations after the recognition of South Ossetia and Abkhazia by Moscow.