- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili awarded Erdogan2010-05-18 11:50
Yesterday Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, awarded Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the PM of Turkey, with the Golden Fleece Order - RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Saakashvili highlighted Erdogan didn't only favoured Turkish business' entering Georgia, but also fulfilled may other promises he had given Georgia.
"Visa-free regime has been existing between Georgia and Turkey for a long time, regime of free trade introduced, and a joint Turkish-Georgian airport is functioning, - Georgian leader said. - Now we are uniting our border checkpoints, and our citizens will come to Turkey not only without visas, but also without international passport."
According to Saakashvili, for the entire Europe cooperation of Turkey and Georgia is a model. "I've never seen issues solved as quick as in our case. It's a great merit of Recep Tayyip Erdogan," he added.
In conclusion the President of Georgia added that Georgian economy is growing despite the crisis.
"We are trying to catch up with the economy of Turkey, - Saakashvili highlighted. - For us the success of Turkey is our success. I'm sure that in two years in Batumi there will be more 5-star hotels than in big megalopolises of the world."