- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The Council of Europe prepared projects on the conflict area reconstruction2008-11-12 17:40
Yesterday the Council of Europe expert mission came to Georgia to learn the situation in the area of Georgian-South Ossetian conflict.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It's worth mentioning that it's the second official visit of the CE delegation to the country. Its aim is to estimate the condition of cultural heritage on the territory of the passed combat actions and preservation of cultural contacts in rehabilitation process in the surroundings common to population.
The mission includes experts Michael de Tisis, David Jackson and Anna Piso, the Novosti Gruzia agency informs.
Yesterday, in the Ministry of Culture, Monument protection and Sport of Georgia, the representatives of the mission met David Dzhalogonia, the deputy Minister of Culture.
They discussed three pilot projects, developed by the experts after their first visit.
As Dzhalagonia mentioned after this meeting, «activization of CE attention to restoration of Georgian cultural heritage, suffered during the Russian aggression in the conflict area and surrounding territories, is very important ».
One of the projects, presented to Georgia, is «The Nikosia Monastery and settlement Nikosi», that implies the exploration of the complex.
Another developed project is «The preparation of recommendational projects on reconstruction of settlements placed in buffer zones». It is expected to involve various Georgian institutions and international organizations busy with reconstruction processes, and also repatriation of displaced people, protection of human habitat and cultural environment. The third is «The program of sustainable development of local and regional scale»,a step-by-step project. It implies complex assessment of situation in the conflict area, working out a development strategy, drawing up local and regional development projects. The duration of the project is 14 months.