- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition MP demands impeachment of Saakashvili2010-05-18 17:10
Georgi Tsagareishvili, the pro-opposition MP from Our Georgia-Free Democrats, promises to start a procedure of Mikheil Saakashvili's impeachment - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At today's press conference he claimed there are more than enough grounds for the impeachment, and one of them is the notorious episode of modeled news aired by Imedi on March 13th.
Tsagareishvili added that on Alliance for Georgia's request competent international experts studied the tape with recorded talk of Imedi managers discussing the coming episode, and admitted it authentic. It means Saakashvili was directly involved in planning and creation of the program, which the MP called a terrorist act.
The opposition member believes in that case the Georgian leader violated the Constitution and the Criminal Code. Tsagareishvili addresses the Constitutional and the Supreme Courts with a demand to study the materials of the case. If the conclusion of the courts on Saakashvili's involvement is positive, the Parliament must start a procedure of impeachment.