- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Registration of monitors for May 30th elections to be finished soon2010-05-19 10:56
On May 20th registration of Georgian organisations, willing to monitor self-governance elections, will be finished - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
For foreign companies the term is extended up to May 23rd.
To the present moment 26 local and 9 international organisations registered.
Previously CEC press speaker Juli Giorgadze stated the Commission worked out the strategy for 2010-2011. "The main task is to provide transparency of Central Electoral Commission actions. Our purpose is to increase population's trust for electoral system," she noted.
Giorgadze highlighted that according to the strategy, CEC work must favour deepening of democratic processes in the country.
The strategy implies two directions. Short-term strategy considers the elections of May 30th Long-term strategy - harmonizing the country's electoral system with European standards.
Giorgadze added the new strategy is worked out on the basis of recommendations of several international institutes under OSCE aegis.