- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
NATO maneuvers to be held in Ukraine2010-05-19 11:49
Yesterday the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine gave permission for participation of NATO member countries in international maneuvers in the territory of republic this year - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Military maneuvers of the Alliance are being held in Ukraine every year.
This time 394 MPs voted for, with 226 votes necessary to pass.
Previously Anders Fogh Rasmussen, NATO Secretary General, stated that recent agreement with Russia on Black Sea fleet [term of stay extended by 25 years] wouldn't be an obstacle in Ukraine's way to NATO membership.
According to Rasmussen, the Alliance position remained the same after 2008, when at Bucharest summit it was started Ukraine and Georgia would join NATO when they would comply with necessary criteria.
Yet according to official regulations of NATO, countries in the territory of which foreign forces are staying, shouldn't be allowed to join.