- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Experts: “occupation” term is of strategic meaning for Georgia2010-05-19 17:35
Soso Tsintsadze and Irakli Sesiashvili, the Georgian experts, believe that "occupied territories" term, which cam be applied to Abkhazia and South Ossetia in European Parliament's report, is of strategic meaning for Georgia. Moreover, in case of tern's fixation Georgia and world community will be able to start legal procedures - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Without any exaggeration I can say the very fact these territories have been for the first time given the status of occupied. Has strategic meaning, - Soso Tsintsadze said. - But it won't lead to real results and doesn't mean Russia will leave the republics."
Sesiashvili thinks in case the "occupation" term appears in an international document, Georgia and world community will be able to start legal procedures, implied buy international law, and proceeding from a due point in OSCE regulations, demand the withdrawal of Russian bases from South Caucasus.
"I On May 20th the European Parliament will discuss Georgian-Russian relations, and situation in Abkhazia and South Ossetia. Tbilisi expects the so-called occupation of Georgia to be mentioned in the documents for the first time - RosBalt.
"It's very important the document of European Parliament highlights - the territories of Georgia are now in "occupied state," said Salome Samadashvili, Georgia's ambassador to the EU.