- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian opposition urges Saakashvili to pay attention to condition of houses2010-05-20 10:41
Pikria Chikhradze, the Alliance for Georgia representative, the government spends tidy sums on big projects in the capital, whereas condition of dwellings in Tbilisi leaves much to be desired - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
She stated a protest action near presidential residence.
"On the whim of President of Mikheil Saakashvili and with agreement of Tbilisi Mayor Gigi Ugulava, the Bridge of World with absolutely unclear function was built, and, according to some data, cost GEL 80 mln [appr. USD 48 mln], - she said. - And Patric Blanc, the author of the vertical garden in Avlabar, will receive EUR 68 000."
She reminded that in the same Avlabar people live in insufferable conditions. "There are yards, for which the mayor's office didn't even give GEL 500 for replacement of sewage," Chikhradze said.