- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
PACE rapporteur for closing Georgian-Russian dossier2010-05-20 15:01
According to Leonid Slutsky, deputy head of the Russian delegation to PACE, David Wilshire, the Assembly rapporteur for conflict in South Ossetia, presented proposals implying closing the Russian-Georgian dossier - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Wilshire believes that after the report of ex-head of the EU international mission for investigation of events in South Ossetia Heidi Tagliavini, all facts and circumstances of the conflict were reported in a comprehensive way," he said.
"The rapporteur proposes to shift the discussion into frames of country monitoring of Russia and Georgia separately. The tension grade is decreasing dramatically," Slutsky added.
The Russian diplomat believes that full-scale return to the Russian-Georgian issue will be possible in autumn in the best case, as at summer session the issue of consequences of August 2008 war won't be discussed.
In his vie, the most that can happen are debates without adoption of a binding resolution. "the Russian delegation continues working in Strasbourg on explaining its position. We are getting more and more supporters."