- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition promises Tbilisi residents new metro2010-05-21 15:37
Georgi Mosidze, [Alliance for Georgia], presented a new metro project, implying construction of overland metro to connect Tetar Akhmeteli and Nodar Dumbadze stations - GHN.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"One kilometer of underground metro meeting modern standards, costs USD 70-80 mln, and up to 10 years are demanded for construction", - Mosidze said. He added Tbilisi has no such means, and therefore the initiative of light rail metro was presented.
Opposition member stated this sort of metro is quicker and cheaper to construct. "One kilometer of such metro will cost budget USD 15 mln."
Previously Irakli Alasania, the Alliance for Georgia leader and Tbilisi mayor candidate, promised his electors to rehabilitate old houses in case of his victory.
His plan is ready and implies allocation of GEL 100 mln [about USD 60 mln] from budget.
"Rehabilitation of the houses on the verge on destruction is a direct responsibility of Tbilisi Mayor, - Alasania stated. - Means for this exist, they just need to be spent in the right field."