- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
American mass media finally talk the truth2008-11-14 13:01
American mass media finally talk the truth about war in Georgia, said Vitaly Churkin , the Permanent Russian Representative to the UN, RBC informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Russian diplomat sent a letter to The New York Times editorial office in response to its article published on November, 7th , 2008, in which the journalists, alluding to unnamed sources, stated that Georgia was responsible for the start of combat actions. "Three moths passed until American mass media started telling the truth about 08. 08. 08 war", - Churkin writes. "In fact, as it actually was noticed in the article, the war was started by Georgia, under false pretence, at night of August, 7th to 8th ", - Reuters quotes from Churkin's letter.
As it was written in The New York Times article, "Instead, the accounts suggest that Georgia's inexperienced military attacked the isolated separatist capital of Tskhinvali on Aug. 7 with indiscriminate artillery and rocket fire, exposing civilians, Russian peacekeepers and unarmed monitors to harm." The newspaper alludes to the conclusions of OSCE monitors.