- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA is looking for alternative way for Georgia to join NATO2008-11-14 14:09
The USA is looking for another mechanism to let Georgia join NATO, without receiving MAP (Membership Action Plan), inform mass media alluding to Reuters.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This April, on NATO summit in Bucharest, France and Germany deprecated Georgia receiving the Plan; and the USA are afraid of the repetition of such situation in December, when the question will arise again.
«We consider such a possibility, - confirmed one American diplomat, when his anonymity was guaranteed. - The question is: will we manage to find this mechanism or not».
Let us remind, that the issue of NATO spread changed its angle dramatically after the events in the Caucus on August. The actions of Russia in the area of Georgian-Ossetian conflict were severely criticized by the West and NATO. As a result, work of Russia-NATO Council was stopped.