- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition demands to improve bill on amnesty2008-11-14 16:43
United Georgian opposition demands to make amendments to the bill on amnesty. It calls the administration to express more loyalty and make some changes in the document before the second hearing, GHN informs.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Opposition calls to pay special attention to the Criminal Code articles concerning drug consumption.
«We do not say a word about drug dealers, any policy mitigation in their respect is inadmissible. We demand it only for drug consumers», - said Dmitry Lortkipanidze, one of the leaders of parliamentary minority.
Moreover, opposition insists on some liberalization of the Criminal Code in general. Targamadze called it "excessively strict" in his speech on an extraordinary meeting of Parliament.
According to him, «in Shevardnadze's times the law was not respected; now people are afraid of authorities».
Let us remind that today Georgian Parliament adopted a bill on amnesty at the first reading.