- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Charter flight headed for Moscow2010-05-24 17:00
First charter flight aircraft from Georgia to Russia has taken off today, said Nino Giorgobiani, Airzena - Georgian Airways spokesperson - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"There are 54 passengers aboard, - she said. - 44 tickets are sold for the return flight from Moscow to Tbilisi."
Today Nino Kalandadze, the deputy Foreign Minister of Georgia, stated the Ministry hails these direct charter flights.
"Regular flights are out of discussion now, because Georgia has no diplomatic relations with Russia, and the issue of their resumption must be decided at the level of governments," she added.
Airzena - Georgian Airways, a private air company from Georgia, received the permission from the Ministry of Transport of Russia.
Direct flights between the two countries were cancelled in 2006, resumed in 2008, the same year cancelled again - after the August conflict. In early 2010 the Airzena-Georgian Airways company conducted several flights on holidays.
On May 18th tickets for May 24th, 26th, 27th, 29th, 31st; June 2nd, 3rd , 6th , 9th , 28th , 30th; and July 1st were appeared for sale. One -way ticket costs GEL 609 [about USD 340]; return ticket - GEL 845 [about USD 480]. The plane from Tbilisi to Moscow departs at 2.30 p.m.; from Moscow to Tbilisi - at 6 p.m.