- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhazia intends to produce oil2010-05-25 12:13
Abkhazia intends to extract oil from a deposit in the Black Sea, stated Sergey Bagapsh, the Abkhazian leader, yesterday in Sokhumi - Interfax.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Practically all Black Sea countries, except us, produce oil from the Black Sea; these are Georgia, Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine," Bagapsh said.
He also said he understood the position of opposition, which expressed anxiety over ecology and drew a spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
"I'm worried over ecology issues no less then the rest. If all the countries agree that oil shelves in the Black Sea shouldn't be mined, I'm only pro. But if everyone around us will continue such works, we cannot stand aside," he added.
Bagapsh added that according to Soviet data, most oil is located in Abkhazia. He promised the oil production would be conducted with consideration of situation in the region and in accordance with international ecologic norms.
"Our country doesn't intend to remain a republic exporting only mandarins and mimosa. Mandarins are for full people, they are dessert. If one eats them when hungry, one can develop a gastric ulcer. Surely, we cannot develop economy, counting on citruses only," Bagapsh concluded.