- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU monitors came under fire at the Abkhazian border2008-11-17 11:59
EU monitors came under fire at the Abkhazian border. The incident occurred yesterday, during their investigation of a Georgian policeman death, killed on Saturday, on November, 15th. No casualties in the skirmish.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to RosBalt, the EU mission requests investigation of this incident from Abkhazian authorities.
«Bullets whizzed very close to the EU officers», - written in the special communiqué of the EUMM. Such incidents are absolutely «inadmissible», as monitors work without weapons, is mentioned in the document.
Now it is investigated, whether the fire was aiming and deliberate.
Let us remind that the EUMM has worked in Georgia since October, 1st. The group includes 225 people.
Abkhazia refused to allow EU monitors to the territory of the republic.