- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Diaspora day celebrated in Georgia2010-05-27 12:09
Today, on May 27th, Diaspora day, introduced on May 27th 2007 on the initiative of President Saakashvili, is be celebrated.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the State Minister's for Diaspora Issues office, this year a number of events is planned.
Yesterday morning a Day of Diaspora -2010 conference was opened in Radisson hotel, and it was attended by over 100 representatives of Georgian diaspora. They also participated in the yesterday's military parade at the Independency Day.
The conference will continue its work today. In the course of the visit guests will meet with government's officials.
Today Tbilisi school #31 will be granted the name of Ahmed Melashvili, a Georgian, residing in Turkey.
An exhibition, devoted to Georgian diaspora, will be opened in the Museum of Theatre, Music, Cinema and Choreography.