- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Relations of Georgia and the USA upgraded to new level – ambassador to Washington2010-05-27 14:36
In the view of Batu Kutelia, the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Georgia to the USA, the new stage in relations of Washington and Tbilisi begins.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In his view, it proceeds from the speech of Philip Gordon, the U.S. Assistant Secretary for Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs, pronounced in Washington at the dinner in the Day of Independency of Georgia - Novosti-Gruzia.
In particular, Gordon promised the USA would continue support of Georgia for implementation of democratic and economic reforms.
In his opinion, Georgia had already reached significant success, especially in recent years: dwelling conditions improved, the country defeated corruption, and created one of the most rapidly developing economies of the world.
Gordon added that after Mikheil Saakashvili's visits to New York, Los Angeles and Boston his aspiration to deepen relations with the USA became obvious.
The U.S. official highlighted the societies are interconnected, as well as officials, and the ties between the countries became more obvious after signing the Charter on strategic partnership. The Charter highlights the significance of relations as friends and strategic partners, Gordon added.
He added the USA intends to expand cooperation with Georgia in various spheres.
It made Batu Kutelia conclude that U.S. support for Georgia reached a new level and is developing purposefully and systematically.
The dinner was attended by representatives of Senate, Congress, and the U.S. State Department. They expressed their support for Tbilisi.