- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
CE monitors are getting acquainted with CEC work2010-05-27 17:29
20 Council of Europe monitors arrived in Georgian yesterday and now are getting acquainted with the work of the Georgian Central Electoral Commission.gt-en-newsitem-inside
They are holding a meting with Zurab Kharatishvili, CEC chairman - RosBalt.
In particular, they focus on the degree of CEC preparedness for elections, the accuracy of voting lists, the preparedness of CEC members of various levels, who underwent corresponding trainings.
The monitors said they have very many questions to the voting lists and highlighted they recommend Georgia to hold elections in democratic manner and in transparent environment.
Kharatishvili noted CEC is fully ready for holding elections.
"Employees underwent good training, polling stations are fully equipped. I think these elections will be more transparent and far more successful then the previous," he said.
Elections to local self-governance bodies will be held in Georgia on May 30th. The same day first Tbilisi Mayor elections will be held.