- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ex-Minister of defense: Saakashvili can be replaced by Ugulava2010-05-28 12:34
Irakli Okruashvili, the ex-Minister of Defense, believes the forthcoming elections on Sunday the rehearsal of shift of presidential power.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It was announced in the live air of Maestro TV channel from France, the country of his political asylum - Novosti-Gruzia.
Okruashvili believes that the present-day Mayor of Tbilisi, Giorgi Ugulava, also running for Tbilisi Mayor in the upcoming elections, is preparing for presidentship. Yet, in his opinion, it's just a formality necessary to let Ivane Merabishvili [Interior Minister] and Georgi Bokeria [deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs] preserve power.
For this purpose, Okruashvili continued, a new draft Constitution, undermining the presidential institution, was prepared. "This Constitution is done to make Ugulava the President, but I quotes, and in fact - to let Bokeria and Merabishvili take power and preserve it," he said.
He's convinced the victory of the ruling party at the coming elections is imminent. The ex-Minister is sure the reason for this are unequal conditions of the electoral campaign, and that's why he refused to participate.