- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Okruashvili: Saakashvili needed the August war2010-05-28 13:40
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, unleashed a war in August 2008 for rehabilitation of own image, announced to maestro TV company a pro-opposition politician, ex-Minister of Defense of Georgia, Irakli Okruashvili - RosBalt.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the former close adherent of the present-day President, Saakashvili's reputation suffered after November 7th 2007, when protest actions of opposition were dispersed by police.
"After November 7th 2007 Saakashvili's reputation was undermined, and after that he lost presidential and parliamentary elections. He was a bankrupt, and had one way out - to rehabilitate own image with the help of return of some territory," Okruashvili said.
He highlighted that Saakashvili used the fact that in August 2008 attention of the whole world was drawn to the Olympics in Beijing.
Okruashvili believes that in the nearest 20 years territorial integrity of Georgia won't be restored.
In his opinion, every politician promising the people to return the lost territories in even 10 years, makes harm to the country and society.
"Until there are new realities in the world and until we, step by step, with reasoned policy, persuade everyone these are our territories, we must have no illusions," the ex-Minister said.