- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Gas pipeline to South Ossetia will be built in 20092008-11-18 11:55
Direct gas pipeline to South Ossetia will be built to the mid 2009, said Sergey Kupriyanov, the spokesman for Gazprom's CEO, in live air of the Echo of Moscow.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Today Russian gas for South Ossetia runs in the gas pipeline that goes through territory of Georgia. Natural gas supplies to South Ossetia were cut by Georgia after aggression of 08.08.08, under pretence of the Gori - Tskhinvali gas pipeline been damaged during combat actions.
"No-one thought that there would be a need for a direct pipeline, now it's being built, but will be finished to mid 2009", - Kupriyanov said.
South Ossetian authorities cannot say whether central heating will function this winter even in such objects of primary importance like kindergartens, schools and hospitals. The republic has paid the total sum of the debt to Georgia - over 10 million rubles - for the gas supplies until August, 8th, but still has no response when supplies will be resumed.
The internal republican nets are restored, but «direct gas supplies are impossible, there is no direct gas pipeline", Kupriyanov said."As there was no direct contracts with South Ossetia and there was no transit agreement for gas supplies for this territory ", the issue is "not legally settled", he mentioned. "This can be done very quickly if there's a need", - the representative of Gazprom underlined, and added that Georgia seems to feel no such need.
When he was asked about the price of gas for South Ossetia, he answered: "The same price as for all our consumers". In his view, the payment system can be corrected because of financial difficulties, "We have certain methods for the countries with similar troubles ", RIA-Novosti quotes Kupriyanov.