- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Fortified areas appeared in Abkhazia and South Ossetia2008-11-18 18:20
Fortified areas (FAs), impregnable for Georgian armed forces, are formed along borders with Georgia in the course of Russian military bases construction in the territory of Abkhazia and South Ossetia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
These areas are constructed with the use of national and international experience, informs ITAR- TASS, alluding to the source in the Russian ministry of Defense.
According to him, today's crew of Russian military bases in republics "bases upon the defense system, prepared and developed in the fire and engineering aspects beforehand, able to protect it from any aggressive actions of Georgian army".
Earlier Russian peacemakers were practically unprotected in front of Georgian forces, as they acted in open territory.
Contingents of Russian military bases in Abkhazia and South Ossetia are expected to be equipped on 30-40 per cent to the end 2008.