- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Participants of Genovese meting are preparing for discussions2008-11-19 10:59
The participants of the second round of discussions on security issues of Caucus hold a number of informal meetings in anticipation of discussions, RIA-Novosti informs, alluding to a diplomatic source.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Let us remind, that the main participants are representatives of the UN, OSCE, the EU, Russia, Georgia, the USA, Abkhazia and South Ossetia. The main stage of the discussions starts today in the morning, in Genovese Palace of Nations.
The first such meeting took place in Geneva on October, 15th, and was, in fact, failed, as Georgian delegation refused to negotiate with the representatives of South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
"There hasn't been anything alarming yet, preparations for the meeting continue", - shared the source.
At the negotiations the sides are going to pay special attention to two topics: issues of security and stability of the region and problems of temporarily displaced persons. The consultations run without mass media representatives, no details are available to public. The UN, the EU and OSCE, who took a role of co-chairmen of the discussions, are expected to hold a conference at about 15:00 (local time, 17:00 Moscow time), and Grigory Karasin, the Russian Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairsа and the head of Russian delegation, meets journalists about one hour later.