- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania to run for President2010-06-01 14:33
Irakli Alasania, the Alliance for Georgia leader, the ex-ambassador to the UN , declared the "beginning of a new stage of struggle" and intention to participate in the future presidential and parliamentary election - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Alasania came second at the past mayoral elections in Tbilisi. Yet his alliance took the 4-per cent barrier at the elections to city assembly, and won more votes than other opposition forces [yet less then the ruling party].
"The results of the elections revealed us the fact that among opposition forces we are the strongest, main, and alternativeless. With this enthusiasm we start a new stage of struggle," Alasania stated.
The Alliance leader noted he intends to change the electoral system with the support of international organisations.
"Our main exam is ahead - the parliamentary elections," Alasania said.
The parliamentary elections must take place in two years; presidential - in three years.