- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition to receive 11 mandates in Tbilisi parliament out of 502010-06-01 17:30
Proceeding from results of the municipal elections, Georgian opposition can receive 11 mandates [out of 50] in Tbilisi parliament.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Five parties managed to pass the 4-per cent barrier and win mandates. In all 25 constituencies the ruling party, United National Movement, was in the lead. This fact earns it 25 mandates.
14 more proceed from 52.48 per cent of votes.
Votes for other parties:
Alliance for Georgia - 17.29 % [5 mandates];
Christian Democrats - 11.99 [3 mandates]%;
National Council - 8.32% [2 mandates];
Industry to Save Georgia - 6.3% [one mandate].
Twelve parties failed to take the barrier.
There were 774 polling stations; 981 505 electors were registered in the capital. 46.7 per cent [477 903] out of them attended elections. 17 parties and blocs were running for parliament.