- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Unemployment in Georgia increased by 0.4 per cent2010-06-02 15:00
In 2009 unemployment in Georgia increased by 0.4 per cent in comparison to 2008, and amounted 16.9 per cent - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The National Service of Statistics of Georgia explains the growth of unemployment by impact of August war and global financial crisis.
Activity of population in 2009 grew by 1 per cent and reached 63.6 per cent.
The part of self-employed in the number of employed is still high and amounts 63.9 per cent; in rural areas this index is higher than in urban areas. In 2009 the number of self-employed in the former amounted 82.5 %; in the latter - 32.1 %.
The index of unemployment in Georgian cities and towns decreased by 0.1 per cent [in comparison to 2008] and amounted 28.8 per cent.