- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Burjanadze said how to make Saakashvili quit2010-06-02 16:39
Nino Burjanadze, the Democratic Movement-United Georgia leader said the All-Georgia People's Assembly would be summoned this autumn on the initiative of public figures and opposition.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"Plenipotentiary representatives of all people of Georgia will demand early resignation of President Mikheil Saakashvili," she said to Maestro - the VZGLYAD. In her opinion, only snap presidential and parliamentary elections will save the country from demise and international isolation.
Nino Burjanadze declared intention to visit all regions of Georgia to prepare the convention. "We need consistent and irreconcilable struggle," she said.
She added the elections of May 30th were "farce", which allowed Saakashvili to reinforce the regime. Her movement didn't participate.
Burjanadze said that due to unpredictable course of President Saakashvili Georgia became the headache not only for Russia, but also for Ukraine, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkey, the EU, and the USA.
"It's absolutely inadmissible that with every day the situation in foreign political arena is deteriorating," Burjanadze said. "If wait for new presidential elections of 2013, decades will be needed then to correct the situation," she said.