- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
U.S. Department of State is content with elections in Georgia2010-06-03 11:05
USA is content with the process of elections in Georgia, though admit violations occurred - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Philip Crowley, the U.S. State Department official representative, some violations in separate polling stations were noticed, as well as problems in counting votes and drawing conclusions, also mentioned by OSCE.
The State Department noted the efforts of CEC on reinforcement of transparency and ability to respond to problems while holding elections, and agrees with OSCE the flaws should be pointed out for the Georgian side.
He congratulated Georgia on holding elections and noted the polling demonstrated the process of republic's movement to standards OSCE and CE set for democratic elections.