- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition to dispute results of elections in one Tbilisi district2010-06-04 09:49
Alliance for Georgia demands to dispute results of municipal election in Vaki district of Tbilisi in court - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At yesterday's briefing Irakli Alasania, the Alliance leader, reminded the union's candidate was David Saganelidze, New Rights' Secretary General. According to CEC tentative data, in Vake district Vakhtang Natsvliashvili, the United National Movement candidate, won.
"We intend to defend every vote and will submit claim to the court," Alasania said stating the elections in that district were rigged.
He claimed the Alliance demands to declare elections rigged in several polling stations and schedule repeated elections.
Saganelidze, from his side, passes into sakrebulo anyway, but said he struggles "not for position but for justice." He started results were rigged in favour of the ruling party candidate.
The opposition member stated the Alliance demanded not only repeated elections in the disctrict but also bringing criminal cases against certain members of the electoral administration, involved in rigging.