- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
New Constitution of Georgia to be discussed by Venice Commission2010-06-04 15:15
The draft of the new Constitution of Georgia will be discussed on June 4th-5th at the plenary sitting of the Venice Commission.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Avtandil Demetrashvili, the chairman of the Constitutinal Commisison, and two of its members, Levan Bodzashvili and Dmitry Dzagnidze, will participate in the sitting - press service of the State Constitutional Commission.
On May 11th , at the sitting of the Commission, the draft under prepared under Demetrashvili's supervision, was adopted as basic.
In accordance with this variant, functions of President and executive power are balanced; the Parliament's functions in manning executive power and controlling the President and the government are expanded.
Previously Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, started that in accordance with the new Constitution, Georgia must have strong Parliament, government must be responsible to people in daily regime - i.e., he means "true transparent democracy."