- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Yanukovich won’t recognize Abkhazia, South Ossetia, and Kosovo2010-06-04 17:04
Ukraine won't recognize independency of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, President Victor Yanukovich, at the press conference reporting of 100 days of his presidency, RosBalt reports citing to the Podrobitsa newspaper.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He noted that he never recognized actions violating integrity of state borders.
He added he never approved of international recognition of Kosovo.
Previously he explained his position with non-acceptance of double standards policy.
"Ukraine is ready to support the process of democracy values equality, peoples' rights in territories of frozen conflicts", he said and added that is strongly against the "use of double standards practice." And it was time to consider criteria for granting independence in territories of frozen conflicts.
He highlighted the necessity for the UN to work out one set of criteria in the issue of status of Kosovo, South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
In the interview to the Ukrainian office of BBC Yanukovich also expressed wish for consideration of the issue on an international forum or under aegis of the UN.
As for the possibility of recognition of South Ossetia and Abkhazia by Ukraine, he said the question is out of agenda.