- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Freedom House called Armenia and Georgia partially free2010-06-04 17:45
Freedom House, an American organisation, published Worst of the Worst 2010 list, in which called 10 least free countries of the planet.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Armenia and Geogia were called partially free - Novosti-Armenia.
According to the report, the worst human rights abusers are Burma, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tibet.
Freedom House assesses the freedom level of a country by 1-7 scale, with 1 as the top level.
For the second year Armenia was given 6 for political rights and 4 - for civil liberties. Georgia was given fours for each.
South Ossetia was also mentioned in the resport [as "disputed territory"]. It was given 6 for civil liberties and 7 for political rights. The trend for deterioration was also indicated.
Freedom House has been publishing its Freedom in the World report since 1972. In this document it assesses situation with political and civil freedoms in more than 190 countries and regions of the world.