- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Acquiring Georgian citizenship is easier now2010-06-07 17:16
From now on everyone willing to acquire citizenship of Georgia will be able to do it without visiting the country. Everything can be done online - Georgia Times correspondent.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the Agency of civil Registry of the Ministry of Justice of Georgia, in the light of granting Georgian citizenship procedure the special online system was introduced.
Eight people has already received Georgian citizenship in this way, the first was Tsotne Javakhishvili, the U.S. citizen. Three were refused. At the present moment applications from 21 more are being considered.
To be granted Georgian citizenship people living abroad must fill in a special application online, scan and attach all the necessary documents to the application.
Besides, the application must be registered, printed, signed, and send via insured mail together with others to the Agency. The services cost GEL 200 [appr. USD 120].