- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Turkey and Abkhazia will cooperate in sphere of religion2008-11-21 14:15
Last week, at the meeting in Ankara, Ali Bardakoglu, the head of the Presidency of Religious Affairs of Turkey, and Timur Dzyba, the deputy mufti of Abkhazia, agreed on development of bilateral cooperation in religious sphere.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It's worth mentioning, that Turkish Presidency of Religious Affairs was the first state institution of this country, that established official dialog with Abkhazia after its recognition, RIA-Novosti informs.
"At the negotiations the agreement on satisfaction of needs of Abkhazia in Muslim theologians and points for divine service was achieved ", - The Hurriyet reports.
Turkish priests, who can speak Abkhazian, are planned to be sent to the republic. Besides, the sides reached an agreement, in accordance with which Turkish Presidency of Religious Affairs would participate in building of mosques in Abkhazia.
The participants of the meeting also discussed issues of publication of the Koran, including its translation in Abkhazian, under aegis of Turkish Presidency of Religious Affairs.