- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Azerbaijan and Turkey signed agreement on gas transit2010-06-08 09:14
Yesterday Azerbaijan and Turkey inked agreements on supplies of Azerbaijanian gas to be extracted at the second stage of Shah-Deniz gas field development, to Turkey and Europe, and also transit to Europe via Turkey.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Documents were signed in result of the meting of Ilham Aliyev, the President of Azerbaijan, with PM of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan - RIA Novosti, citing to Hazar TV channel.
The price and terms weren't announced due to confidentiality.
Since spring 2008 Azerbaijan and Turkey has held over 15 rounds of negotiations of agreeing on the price on Azerbaijanian gas delivered to Turkey from Shah Deniz field in Caspian Sea, and also its volumes, transit to Europe via Turkey. Implementation of many gas pipeline projects [Nabucco, ITGI, TAP] depends on the solution of these issues.
Nabucco project implies transportation of natural gas from Caspian region bypassing Russia to Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Austria. ITGI is Turkey-Greece-Italy route; TAP - Trans-Adriatic.