- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ruling party of Georgia spent GEL 14 mln on elections2010-06-08 13:55
United National Movement, the ruling party of Georgia, spent at the municipal elections of May 30th GEL 14 mln [about USD 7.8 mln].gt-en-newsitem-inside
It was announced after financial reports of all political subjects, managed to take the electoral barrier, were presented to the CEC. The reports mentioned the used means and sources of income, and were submitted before 6 p.m. of Monday.
The aforesaid sum significantly exceeds expenditures of other participant parties.
Alliance for Georgia, Christian Democratic movement, National Council, and Industry to Save Georgia also sent their reports - Novosti-Gruzia.
According to tentative data, Industrialists spent about GEL 908 000 [appr. half a million dollars], Christian Democrats - GEL 700 000 [USD 380 000], the National Council - 200 000 lari [about 111 000 dollars]. The Alliance for Georgia needed the least - GEL 136 586 тысяч лари [appr. USD 76 000].
Full information on expenditures of political forces, which participated in May 30th elections, CEC will publish soon at its official site.