- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
France proposes to start negotiations of EU and Georgia’s association this summer2010-06-08 16:42
France sees reasonable starting negotiations on signing agreement on association between the EU and Georgia this summer, stated representative of the Élysée Palace today - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
President Sarkozy reminded that France was one main supporters of Georgia's approximation with the European Union, the representative of the presidential administration said after the meeting of the two leaders.
France will favour the beginning of negotiations on agreement on Association and creating free trade zone this summer, the source added.
This may the Council of ministers of foreign affairs of the 27 EU member countries issued the European Commission a mandate for holding negotiations on signing bilateral agreements on association between the EU and Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia.
Agreements on association, implying no membership in the EU, will replace the acting bilateral agreements on partnership and cooperation.